Yes, I have been lost from the blogger world.
But, I re-enter out of pride for my wife. Last night, we had David Batstone and the Not for Sale Campaign come to Raleigh to talk about practical steps people and churches can do to end human trafficking.
About 8 months ago, Danielle started reading David's book, and started working with a friend in Los Angeles, Shirley Rayburn, on this issue. I've loved watching her passion and diligence to make something happen. It would be a good conversation sometime to ask her how she became interested and passionate about this intense subject.
Since coming to Raleigh, she has been helping to coordinate a group from Raleigh to activate others towards doing something about the issue. (www.justiceandjubilee.org) Yesterday, we had a great lunch with David Batstone and Justin Dillon at our house with about 15 others, and then held an event in partnership with other churches and the community.
It was an intense evening as you can imagine, but I think the seeds of good things were planted. A number of faith communities and community activists came together, and David not only brought the issue close to home, but gave practical steps of how normal people can use their gifts to be involved.
I'm proud of my wife because she decided to do this even when she was tired, stressed, and not settled in our new home. This transition has been unsettling for us, and Danielle has not just focused on herself and our family, but given of herself to help bring hope to others.
I also know she is tired. I'm proud of you.
Also, Shiloah said Da Da yesterday. That made me happy too.
Friday, November 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Welcome back, long-lost, but proud, blogger...It's good to hear from you again!
TT
Thanks, Corey. I love you. --Danielle
i'm proud of your wife too...and also proud of you. shi shaw
my sister said since you were 'name dropping' (ha ha) (i.e. David and justin) she would like to be included in your next post since she is doing grocery shopping for an elderly woman. (you'd have to talk to her!)love, mom
Post a Comment