Friday, January 05, 2007

Can you be held accountable for what you do in your sleep?

One discovery I’ve made since being married is pretty common to most people- I’m more of a jerk than I thought I was and yet I have more of a capacity to love than I thought I did

however, one of the times I am a serious jerk, I am wondering if I can be held accountable for, and want to get your insight

Are you held accountable for what you do in your sleep? Because I am seem to do some really aweful things that I am only vaguely aware of or don’t remember at all

take last night for instance

i woke up this morning and danielle says to me- do you remember last night?

I, immediately taken a back, think oh no (previous track record not good when she says that- I have talked in my sleep, yelled in my sleep, hit, elbowed, and scowled in my sleep, told my wife to just get the baby, asked her what the heck she is thinking, mumbled angrily, tossed and turned violently, denied her requests for food as pregnant woman, peeed loudly with the door wide open), so after these things pass quickly through my mind, I am now prepared for the worst and I say, no what did I do?

Now, sometimes I vaguely remember what is going on and with Hannah I have had just plain out bad instances, but this time, no memory

turns out last night, a very loud noise happened right outside our window (we live on a busy street right off the freeway, so not that unusual), danielle asks me to go look and see, I mumble, say why, she urges, then I get up, go to the bathroom (with door open), then on the way back to bed (while she is looking out the window, I tell her (reminder she is 8 months pregnant) to get out of my way on my way back to bed (she was looking out the window on my side of the bed), then I go back to sleep, only remebering going to the bathroom when I wake up

what do you guys think?

7 comments:

jason said...

I think if you pull that crap in NC you're gonna have a scrappy hippy on your case.. hahah

wow - no idea what to think... maybe consuling?!?!?!?

Hope you guys make it through another night...

-Jking

Anonymous said...

I am no help to you on this topic, you are just following in a long line of nighttime aberrant behavior that marks Paxton men. You can just be thankful for the promise made in Psalm 79:8 (Do not hold against us the sins of the fathers; may your mercy come quickly to meet us, for we are in desperate need.)

Anonymous said...

This is too funny. I think I would be pretty mad at Matt if he did that, but I would probably end up laughing about it becuase... what you can, he's sleeping.

This is a toughy.

Danielle, I am sending you a hug right now.

Anonymous said...

EWWWWW! Close the door and stop being mean to your wife!
from bethany

Anonymous said...

omg maybe you should shut the door when you p! don't u think?!?!?!!?
~Emma~

Anonymous said...

waz ^, i totally changed my thoughts bout getting married! ~Emma~ 6th grade


and bethany said that one day daniell will punch you cause your being So mean

Anonymous said...

sorry corey- Bethany and Emma found your blog. mom