Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Car Repairs

I think going to get a car check up is one of the most dreaded things in my life. I am pretty much ignorant in the subject so anything they tell me I pretty much just have to go on intuition, and I always feel like I'm going to get over-charged.

Well, today it was different. I met Hrant. Hrant is a car-savior. He not only remembered my name and greeted me personally when I came to pick up the car, but he went through each charge point by point, the charge was under the estimate, he gave me a folder to keep my records in, told me I could bring it back if I had any problems, and he shook my hand with a smile.

Amazing. He is a picture of justice in action in the most unlikely place.

7 comments:

Bernie said...

Where is this guy? I might need a quick check-up?

Danielle Paxton said...

he's up near Mosaic, Pasadena, on washington right after you cross over hill (on the left just after the pharmacy)

Shannon Smith said...

Seems like poor timing that you found this guy a few weeks before you move across the country.

I usually try to do the work on my car myself. The work may be incorrect and shoddy, but at least I know I am not getting shafted.

I need to develop some sort of barterable skill, so I can try to trade services with my mechanic friend, once I find a mechanic friend. Maybe I'll learn weave baskets, crochet.

Anonymous said...

Hooray Hrant! Hooray God!
mishna

traci said...

Thanks for getting the car worked on before we drive it across the country! I'm sure that will make our trip go more smoothly.

So, did this decrease the AC price? I hope so!

See you soon :)

Bernie said...

Corey,

I went to Hrant today, and he was as great as you said. It really is too bad that we didn't find him earlier. But sadly, I have to get a few hundred dollars worth of A/C work done! Definitely not what I needed at this point...but God knows that, too.

Shannon, kudos on fixing your own car - I'd like to do that more. For a mechanic, a good place to start may be here. I've had some luck there.

Danielle Paxton said...

bummer bernie, but at least you'll have ac for your cross-country trip--

do you want to come over for desert on sunday night?

brazilian bbq is a bit expensive