A brief update on the Paxton family,
I miss my beautiful girls already. I was very sad to leave them today even though I am excited for this trip. I am sure you know that feeling of anticipation mixed with sadness.
We had a difficult time transitioning from LA to Raleigh. Obviously, we have been through a lot of change, and it has absolutley broken our hearts to see Hannah's world and friends upended. Hannah has been very sad, and even got sick because her schedule got so thrown up. She woke up Friday night throwing up, and has been a bit of zombie at times since then. The last two days she has bounced back a bit, but I was even more sad to leave her and create more change.
Also, Raleigh is very humid. Very humid. I sweat a lot. Our AC did not work in our house when we moved in either. This made tired and sweaty people more frustrated. We got pretty settled in, but I felt like we lived at the store for the last five days and didn't get to spend as much time together as I would have liked. However, I am really glad we decided to go down to Raleigh before Africa and began to get settled even though it was hard on the girls.
Transitions are difficult for me in general, and this one has been especially hard--lots of uncertainty, lots of fear, lots of difficulty---Danielle and I remarked that sometimes we want to find our comfort in this world rather than in Christ, and this transition has brought that out in us.
Thursday night, we cried a lot, and really brought our hearts before the Lord. We were reminded of our calling to Him and to Raleigh, and our prayer is to be used to help move people toward participation in God's mission. While it has been a stormy season of life, the Lord is in the boat with us and calming our hearts.
We are so grateful for our community here and family who have helped us along the way. This life God is calling us to could not be possible without the help of others.
Thank you. We are so grateful.
Peace in Him
Corey
Wednesday, August 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
It has been difficult at times to watch/ be a part of the difficultness. There is some part of me that feels responsible for the challenges that you have faced, but I know and trust that its not my storm to calm. I have such a messiah complex sometimes. I realize that when I want to fix everything around me. I'm glad you guys came to Raleigh too. I am excited for ya'll journey here and can't wait till we get to know each other in the more "normalness" of life.
Thanks for serving the Lord!
Hey bro, we are praying for your transition, as well as for you and Jason in Africa. Also, when I read that you said, "I sweat a lot", I couldn't help but laugh because of the gross understatement. :)
The illustration that Jesus is "in the boat" with us, calming our hearts can bring clarity that he does not always bring us out of the boat, but works within it, thanks for your friendship.
We are so grateful and so excited to be a part of our new community. I miss and love everyone in Pasadena very much! --danielle
Love you guys. Miss you guys.
Hannah, JenJen misses you!
Danielle, I'm praying for you and your sweet girls this week as you are a single mom to your girls.
God Bless You All during this time, I know it's hard and crazy to transition with kids.
We're praying for Corey's safe return and a fruitful trip for him as well.
Love, the Greens of Pasadena
Wow, corey, its so great to be able to see all that has happened over the last few years in your life... I can't wait to recconect with you and Danielle as you head back to the east coast. your family will be in my prayers.. how can I get in touch with danielle??
-avery (willis)
Hey Avery! So glad to see you on here! I've tried to email you over the last few years but your email didn't work, thanks for finding Corey!! Can you believe we have the two girls now... :) I can barely believe it. My email is cdpaxton03@hotmail.com. Send me a message! Love you, hope you are doing well. --danielle
Hey Jennyth... how was the time up north? I was in Salem today, Virginia, though, not Oregon. We miss you all very much! No Jen, no Parker and Pwolby, no Bearber (Jeremy). We're having a great time here in Roanoke with Corey's parents, though, praise God for them being so wonderful! Love to you all. --danielle
hey Danielle...
The time up north was good. In fact, we are at about 90% probability of moving to Portland THIS MONTH!! I'll email you. Until then, keep us in prayer, we're trying to make the decision by tomorrow. You know me, I'm stressed about it!!
Hey Corey and Danielle,
I am sorry to hear how hard this transition is for you, and at the same time it just makes sense that it would be this hard. I hope and pray that your hearts will feel lighter soon and you will experience grace to help you adjust to a new life. These are my prayers for myself too in these new baby days :) It has been a really hard transition in our family too, and we are still trying to discern what to do in the next couple months about job and location.
Danielle, any breastfeeding tips? e-mail me. maija.vance@gmail.com
It was so good to see pictures of the girls!! We miss you all so much!! JJ randomly says Hannah's name like when he sees a picture of a little girl and still says "All Done Hoo Hoo...all done Hannah." Please know that we are praying for you during this transition!!
Betsy
Post a Comment