Sunday, September 09, 2007

#^$* Happens

Forgive the gross-ness of the post

Literally...

So, our ceptic tank broke outside of our house this weekend, so I spent most of the afternoon shoveling our own excrement into a hole I dug in my yard.

I think I will stay away from that side of the yard for a while, although I think it will be a very fertile region.

It turns out that since our house was built in 1950, the ceptic pipes are pretty rusty, and when we have been using the flushable, G-Diapers, they have been getting caught on the rust.

Two lessons from this experience

- trying to do our part to take care of our world (using g-diapers)- has some unexpected consequeces, literally messy ones- why is that when you try to do something positive, it ends up messy so often?
- another reminder that *^&*(% happens

Stay tuned for more adventures from Raleigh

3 comments:

Jen said...

CRAP!!!!!

That just sucks.

Hang in there guys...thinking about you.

Mike Morrell said...

Eww! Well, welcome to Raleigh anyway! We've only been here a year ourselves; we've had some crazy adventures, but none that $#!tty. :)

BTW, my site is here and my blog, here--it was awesome meeting you tonight!

Anonymous said...

is it bad that i laughed out loud imagining you shoveling your own poop into a hole?

Geeter