I know this is a repeat post of a video, but I couldn't help it for two reasons- 1) I laugh at it 2) I have felt like a bit of a machine at times while trying to finish school, and I finished my last exam for the summer this Friday. I will just say, that was one of the last things I wanted to be doing right now as we are getting moved into to our new place and trying to get to know people in Raleigh. I fought the final work hard, but I persevered.
While finishing the details on my exam, I was struck at how so often we learn through processes that we don't like. I think there is a little lie I believe at times that tells me life is supposed to be easy for me to enjoy it. Sometimes we feel like we just have to get through xx until we start living and then feel like this robot. One of the things I've sensed God saying to me during the process is-- learn to breathe while running the race and experience my peace knowing I am with you even when it burns.
3 comments:
Every thing's gonna be alright, rock-a-bye.
TT
When it burns, throw some icy-hot on it and press through. Just like basketball, when your shot is not falling, keep shooting until it does! :) I keep telling Corey Paxton stories out here in California, it is amazing how exciting these two years were with ya'll, we miss you.
I don't think this video is funny but I understand my dear husband's machine-like feelings.
Paul -- when you tell Corey Paxton stories do you refer to him as "coreypaxton" or do you just say Corey? Sometimes people have "one-word" names, just not sure if his has been one.
We miss Pasadena a lot!
Post a Comment