Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Anyone Else Excited Lost is Starting?

Two long anticipated moments in my life is happening this week. I'm having a baby, Shiloah Nichole on Saturday, and Lost is starting back up. You may be thinking, how can he right these two things in the same sentence? Well, I'll be honest with you, I'm excited about them in different ways, and have mixed emotions about both.

Last season, Lost was like a confused toddler, running here and there, with seemingly no purpose. While I love my toddler and think she is very funny, Lost lived up to its name and it was driving me crazy. I am hoping for redemption this season. I'm am excited, but we have to wait and see.

As for Shiloah Nichole, I've been experiencing a lot of mixed emotions about my second girl. I've been telling people I'm excited the whole time, but not really feeling excited. When Hannah was born, everything was new and fresh. I went to almost every doctors appointment with Danielle, stayed up talking to her belly, asked a lot of questions about "What to Expect when she is expecting." This time around, it's been a little different. I haven't been to the doctors appointment (I am watching Hannah), I pretty much crash at the end of the day (taking care of Hannah), and sadly haven't talked to Shiloah very much in the belly. Also, been feeling the tension of moving from "Dad" to "Father." I feel like it is a big difference in responsibility level going from one kid to two kid in which I officially earn the name Father. I have actually found for some kind of weird reason, I have more anxious feelings this time around than last time around. Over the last week, I have genuinely become excited about Shiloah coming, but it's definetly been different.

Okay, that's enough of my inner monologue. Maybe this is why I like Lost so much, because life just doesn't always make sense.

(for those of you who read this, you can not tell Shiloah that I compared my excitement for her and lost in the same sentence; traci, I am now starting to understand your plight even more)

Peace

Corey

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CP,

I'm excited about both too! :) Can't wait for new pics of the new baby!

traci said...

Corey-- HAve you ever compared me to a TV Show? Well, all those years of Sports Center in the morning, maybe that counted (my attempt at humor). My husband tells me often that I still need a lot of work on my jokes. I am waiting on him writing a book about it.

I don't watch Lost, too scary for me. I am much more excited about Grey's. But, that is kinda girly I guess... one of these days you will have two teenage daughters (have you thought about that) Remember when I was a teenager (ooo... that might spark some tensin). You were actually a great role model for me and I am thankful that you helped point me to Jesus so often. I reallly always have looked up to you and I know that your daughters will do the same. Just stay HUMBLE. That is the only advice that I have (with no child rearing experience at all).

Well, now I am rambling, and I really must go.

So, I Love you! I know you love your daughters and your wife. Less than a week!!!

See you soon!
Sis

Bernie said...

CP,

I can't wait to meet Shiloah! I was talking to a friend in Raleigh last night telling her how I excited I was for her to meet my favorite family and their two beautiful daughters. It's such a privilege to be a part of y'all's life.

And I, too, and very excited for Lost. Lots of expectations for it to be better this time around.

See you in the morning.

- B