Wednesday, June 27, 2007

My friend, Kasey

Today, I had lunch with one of my best friends I've made here at Fuller. He is leaving tomorrow to be a pastor at a church down in Canyon Lake, CA on the way to San Diego and has a great opportunity. I'm really excited for him as he gets a chance to lead a younger church community within a bigger church community there and the pastor has a great heart. He said they were talking recently and the pastor (60 years old) said, "I wonder if anyone in Canyone Lake would notice if we no longer existed?" and he answered his own question by saying- "i don't think many people would besides our members." Before he retires, he wants to see that change and is hoping that Kasey can help make that transition to permeate and preserve the community as the salt of the earth and the light of the world. I wished more churches and leaders asked these kinds of questions and were willing to make courageous changes rather than maintaing and growing their own institutions.


Kasey is a friend of mine who has made seminary learning worthwhile as we've got to really share this process of learning and growing together.

May the Lord use you to unleash the gifts of the church to show another way of living is possible through the Spirit my friend.

3 comments:

traci said...

Are you wearing a graduation outfit?

Danielle Paxton said...

yes, i graduated from my first degree a few weeks ago pending the completion of my 3 courses this summer

jc for JC said...

I have a graduation present for you Monday night @ 9:00PM. LOL.