Sunday, May 13, 2007

Pics of the Week and Prayer Request

Hey everybody,

We would like you guys to pray for us as we are in the midst of a very big transition in our life and are juggling many pieces. Our life is very full right now as we are moving toward an exciting future in Raleigh, NC. Along with that comes the need for great thoughtfulness, discipline, and intentionality.

Right now, in addition to school and our family, we are juggling about 10 other things for the move:

- my trip to africa (august 1-15) and trying to raise $2000 more dollars to help them buy a piece of property for the orphan care sanctuary
- danielle's involvement with human trafficking ministry
- ministry at Mosaic
- filing paperwork with the IRS to start my non-profit organization
- coordinating the development of the website
- selling our home in Williamsburg and the details that go along with that with our stuff
- looking for homes in Raleigh
- selling and giving away our things here(I just packed up our books this weekend)
- possibly going on staff with an incarnational church planting/ leadershp development ministry (I am meeting with the guy this week)
- dreaming and planning with friends in Raleigh about discipleship within Visio Dei

Our tickets are bought for July 19!!!! So, it is coming soon, and we are doing a little bit of these things every day. We actually feel at peace in the midst of all these things, like God is moving in just at the speed and direction we need to go, but we also need to be lifted up during this time because we have so many moving pieces. We're getting to spend some good times with friends today, and Dave and Betsy were amazing today allowing me and Danielle to go on a date.

We had a great mother's day today and spent time this weekend as a family. The sabbath discipline of family time has helped me develop a rhythm to life since we've been here.

I also played in a 3 on 3 tournament last night and guarded a 6'10, 280 lb. guy that couldn't handle me ! (ha)

Here are some of the sweetest pics you've ever seen----




6 comments:

Paul M. Pace said...

Corey and Danielle,
First I want to say, "Please don't go." :) Kelly and I will miss ya'll very much and we will be intentionally praying for you over the next few weeks, as you make those important decisions. I say intentionally, because unless I pray intentionally, I don't say much to God.
Second, you both have been an incredible blessing to the lives of countless people in Southern California and now even in North Carolina. I hope that you continue to press on in Christ, and thank you for your friendship. Sorry so sentimental, I'm just feelin' it today.

traci said...

Well, I'm glad that I can atleast help you cross one of the things off your list.

I will continue to pray for you and hope that you get the pictures I just sent.

sis

traci said...

Did you forget how to spell my name?

Anonymous said...

we love praying for you all. We love our sweet granddaughters!!I'm so grateful for the deep friendships you have made at Fuller.love, ma and pa

Danielle Paxton said...

HA HA, oops, sorry traci, i'll fix it....that was a funny typo

traci said...

I like your fix! I'm on my way there.