
Prayers are going out all over the world. This is an image from our campus website here in California. We all received an email from our president asking us to pray for families in Virginia. I am praying for the school, the families, and the family of Seung-Hui Chohe. In a shame based culture like Korean culture, I can't imagine the pain they are going through.
2 comments:
"hopeless, helpless and lost."
This is how Sun-Kyung Cho, the assailant's sister, described how her family was feeling. Those are some heavy words. I'm glad you making the effort to pray for them, as well as the families of the victims.
Like Virginia Tech freshman Andrea Hacker said, "A lot of people are probably looking down on them now, but they have no reason to."
I have been thinking over the past week how we react towards events. There is such as "norm" for our culture, that when someone is outside of that norm, they are deemed 'unfit for society'. I wonder where this Cho person could have gone to express what he was feeling and thinking. He went to a psychologist, but nothing was resolved. Not saying that this type of event would not have happened.
Kelly and I last night saw 'Hotel Rwanda' for the first time. I have been thinking lately how desensitized I am to violence. I don't even watch a lot of movies, but it is so prevalent in our society that it almost doesn't bother us deeply anymore. I want that to change.
Post a Comment