A simple thing we started doing to our life style to care for the environment is switching to G-diapers. Diapers take over 500 years to decompose, and this is our little part to make a difference. I have been struck at how indifferent I have been toward the environment for most of my life, I never saw this as a central part of my life following Jesus, but now I think it is really important. Part of it comes from my understanding of discipleship- before I think I would have seen these kinds of things as an attempt to earn God's approval or love. Now i see that as missing the point. God's given me His approval and His love so that I will be a agent of change in this world, to reflect His deepest desires for the world through my character. God changing our lives to reflect His desires through the Spirit of Jesus is the sign to the world that God is alive. I'll always be seeking to grow, change, and improve in many different areas of my life as I continually to learn new things about the world and myself. This is a bit more exciting than just waiting for Jesus to come back. I have noticed that a simple shift in theology has made such a difference in little decisions.
If you are interested in learning more about G-diapers: www.gdiapers.com
It's a little annoying at times, when I swish the stuff around in the toilet and it gets all over my jeans, but it's worth it. (i get over my jeans because I am a bafoon, not because this is inherent in g-diaper disposal)


14 comments:
Good work, Paxtons! I agree that it's scary how complacent we can be (and I still am at times).
At this point, my dad would be saying, "You've become so liberal since you moved to LA!" Haha!
bernie-
yes we are officially LA hippies now-- thanks for calling us out on that-
did you get the benji video on you tube yet, I am really really looking forward to seeing that
what a cute little green hippy butt!!
(I just KNEW one of my kids was gonna end up a California type!!- but i thought it was gonna be traci) ha ha love, the mama
What a relief! When I first saw the title of this post I thought it was going to be a joke turned ridiculous reality story about the equivalent of G-strings for Baby's! Now that's something else I'd expect to come out of Cali. :)
kush,
welcome to the blog-world---
i won't comment on your first thought being a thong
okay i will, ha ha
peace you ole g
This is partly why I haven't participated in the blog world (out of fear of too much info getting on the very public internet). Now I'm on record with this ridiculous thought and when I go to run for president or something I'll be found out. This is exactly why I'm using an alias rather than my real name.
I'd post anonymous but that's no fun b/c can't put a comment with a face/name. :)
I go back and forth though because I want to participate in the conversation (literal commentary) but I only want certain people to either A) know it's me or B) see what I say. :)
Peace
The world has changed so much from when I was a baby and we used potato sacks with yarn for diapers. Oh, those were the days, living on the farm. Seriously though, I don't think there is anything liberal about taking care of the environment. It is actually conservative, because we are conserving our world;
1. to prevent injury, decay, waste, or loss of: Conserve your strength for the race.
2. to use or manage (natural resources) wisely; preserve; save: Conserve the woodlands.
Those are two definitions of conserve from the Dictionary. Funny huh.
kush
get it out in the light, buddy, the blog community in cp's world is an open and forgiving bunch, this is a place to process life and laugh together
i wouldn't vote for your president anyway, you'd make too many rules about the number of times you have to wash the counter for salmonela and regulations about checking the trunk before driving
ha ha
paul pace you are funny too
Corey and Danielle!
It's your long lost old Jamestown team member! I just discovered your blog through Bryce and Laurie's. We have been out of touch for the last year (I think we've been a little busy...babies, marriages, etc.) but it's great to see you all are doing well in Cali! Give us a call next time you're in the 'Noke. I would love to meet the beautiful Paxton girls!
Emily!!!!
It is great to hear from you. We are going to be back in the Noke this summer and would love to see you. We are finishing up seminary and moving back to the east coast this summer.
Thanks for looking us up
CP
i have no idea how i missed this conversation...
G-Dipes!!! das wassup!
-J
ps - you are as big of a hippie as I am.. you and your wife!!!!
I admit I am a big hippie now. I have seen the error of my yuppie ways and have decided to be more at one with nature, and what's funny is this is actually serious! We eat organic food, use organic cleaning products and use earth-friendly diapers -- raleigh here we come!
shoot, my kids would never have worn clothes at all if these had been around when they were diaper age. these are the cutest ever.
Post a Comment