
Wow, this has been wild. I never expected to see a tragedy like this so close to my home town, and so close to my family. A friend of ours here at Fuller knows someone who was killed in the shooting, and my own family was close by. The shockwaves of this event are being felt around the world. It is the leading news here in LA, and in most places. My heart has felt very sad the last couple days as well as scared until I found out my friends and family were okay. I was struck at how tragedy is what seemingly unites humanity as I saw the faces of the people killed on the TV. All from such different backgrounds, all with such different passions and stories, met together in the same tragic fate. We really don't know how we will go, I pray we will live fully today and truly value the people around us. I feel so bad for the families and this also makes me very angry this happened..
3 comments:
It reminds me that how we live the "dash" is the only thing that's up to us.
i have been spending much of mine praying the psalms and (this last two days)looking at pics of your life/ love filled beautiful family.
can't wait to see you all!! tell me details of Shiloah- doc visits0 height/ weight etc.!! (i guess you don't have to post that on your blog!!! ha ha love, mom
I realize more and more how hard it is to actually rely on God. To trust that God know's what's going on. I'm not saying God doesn't, I'm saying I want to control as much of my life as possible. When things like this happen, I realize that I can't control my life and I must learn to sit in God's hands and know that I am loved.
Corey, you are the man! peace.
hey dave,
thanks for posting. it does give comfort to know we are loved; God really doesn't promise us anything but His presence. These are the kinds of situations I am glad God included 65 laments in the Psalms because of the tragedy.
I was just reading a psalm today that was accusing God about not keeping His end of the deal, I bet a lot of people are feeling like that at tech
Post a Comment